Coats 2 - the saga continues

In Coats, H went from returning from school wearing jackets that were not his to walking out of his house in the dead of winter with only a hoodie.  After a few years of pandemic isolation, H is now back to work. And the coat saga continues. 

 

Entering the driveway to H’s house to pick up him for lunch and an appointment, I immediately see him through the large kitchen window heading to the front door. The temp was beginning to feel more like fall so I was relieved to see he was wearing a jacket. That relief soon turned to confusion.

 

“H, who’s jacket are you wearing?”

 

 “What? This is my coat!”

 

“No it’s not. I have never seen this jacket before.”

 

His staff said it wasn’t owned by another guy in his house, and it was in his closet. His actual jacket was nowhere to be found. H likely wore his jacket to work and returned with this one. This tan, lined fleece jacket didn’t even resemble his dark blue lined windbreaker. Did his jacket disappear first so his supervisor sent him home with this one? Did he just grab any coat and go? A lack of time to debate and no other fall jacket in sight convinced me it would work for now. I would deal with finding the owner and hopefully finding his jacket later. At least it was a warm jacket. I instruct him to return this jacket on Tuesday and look for his.

 

A few days later, his Dad and I returned to pick him up for a weekend trip. Again, as we pull up I see H dart by the large kitchen window heading to the front door, coat on and ready to go. I approach the door and discover he isn't wearing the tan fleece jacket. And, he isn't wearing his jacket. He wearing yet another coat that isn’t his. This one is fleece and lined but black with a large logo that is unfamiliar to me. When I ask him whose coat this is, what happened to the coat from earlier in the week and where his actual coat might be, he again insisted this was his coat. Did he return to work and someone recognized the previous coat? Did he just leave it and grab something else? A quick look through his closet confirmed that he currently had no other jacket.  Off we go.

 

Last night I picked him up for the monthly disability dance. The temp had further dropped and we needed a warmer coat. Winter coats are in the front closet and both of his were there. 

 

At least for now.


Comments

Popular Posts